AOSC student seminars are held on Tuesdays at 3:30pm in Room CSS3400, unless otherwise noted below. All students beyond their second year are required to give a seminar at least once a year. These seminars provide a great opportunity to come see what your fellow grad students are up to, as well as provide a small, comfortable environment for those speaking to hone their seminar giving skills. To take any seminar spot still available please send an email to Sijal Dangol.
Guidelines for the seminars:
- An abstract of less than 50 words to be submitted 1 week before the seminar
- Time of seminar to not exceed 30 min
- 5 minute introduction, 15-20 min on major results, 5 min questions/discussion
- Suggested total of 20-25 slides
- Only need to highlight 2-3 major (take home) achievements
- Audience is not expected to stay if not finished after 30 min